Skip to product information
Model: 250 Savage
Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
Brand: L.E. Wilson
Case Length Headspace Gauge
FOR: 250 Savage
L.E. Wilson has been making precision reloading tools for over 80 years. The Case Length Headspace Gauge allows reloaders to measure case length from the base of the cartridge to the shoulder, as well as the maximum case length. This process shows the reloader if ammunition is being produced within specifications.
- This is a one-piece, non-adjustable cylinder-type gauge for checking fired and resized cartridge cases for cone-to-head and overall length
- Used to compare cartridges against the minimum and maximum SAAMI cartridge dimensions
- The item description will indicate if the headspace gauge is Adjustable
- Drop a fired case into the gauge. Take a measurement on headspace. This can be done with either a depth micrometer or caliper (Depending on if the case is sitting high or low in the gauge). If the case sticks out past maximum headspace the firearm probably has a larger than average chamber. The gauge can still be used because it is being used to determine how much resizing is required.
- Now once the initial measurement is taken, slowly dial in the full length sizer until there is a 0.001 to 0.002 drop in headspace. This will give the measurement to resize the case just below the chambers headspace in the firearm being reloaded for, giving a more accurate shot and saving brass by not causing it to be overworked.
- Once the brass has been sized, set the brass in the gauge and set the gauge on a flat surface with the head side facing down. Now look across the top of the gauge, this give the maximum and minimum for trim length.
- All of our products are BRAND NEW in the box;
and contain all of the parts, materials and documentation.
You can expect and will receive prompt delivery of your item.
We will ship your order within ONE DAY!
We are unable to accept returns on used, fitted, or altered parts.
Returns must be in new, unused condition and in their original packaging.